July 5, 2008

I'm a thinker...

After reading and being quite entertained by the blogs of several of my friends, I've decided that I'd like a place to write down my thoughts. Unfortunately, journaling has never really appealed to me, but I like the idea of an online/interactive journal such as this one.

I have a friend who over-analyzes things and ponders things to the point that even insignificant details of his life are dramatic and life-altering. He thinks too much, in my opinion. I tend to be somewhat introverted and I think about things as well, but I don't feel like my thoughts are very organized sometimes and I like the idea of being able to blog about them. I think it helps me to sort out my feelings. I sometimes feel misunderstood and misinterpreted as I don't believe that I explain myself all that well. I don't feel very eloquent, especially considering that I majored in English at BYU. There were some truly talented writers in my college classes.

I'm wondering if the things I write will be interesting or entertaining at all to anyone who bothers to read them. I don't like putting myself out there or exposing personal feelings and inclinations to people. Perhaps my thoughts belong in my head and not on the internet. On the other hand, maybe blogging will be just the thing to help me open up and to get me writing again.

No comments: