July 28, 2008

Directionally Impaired

As many people who know me know, I'm directionally impaired. It doesn't take a lot to get me lost, and even after living in Raleigh for a year now, I still don't know how to navigate the city. That's why it's always nice to come home to Greenville where I know exactly where I am going and how to get there. I even know 3-4 ways to get to where I'm going.

It makes driving more of an art as opposed to merely survival. I feel as if I've actually accomplished something when I arrive at my destination more quickly than usual or faster than another driver. If there's a train on Arlington, I know how to get around it. This is especially useful considering that the evil train likes to move slowly forward and tease you with it's caboose, only to reverse directions at the last moment and force you to sit there an additional 5-10 minutes.

No comments: