
I recently received a book from my amazing baby sister for my birthday. It's written by Stephanie Meyer (author of the bestselling Twilight series) and I was so excited to read it. However, I've found that it's very difficult to get into. Granted, I've only read about 5 chapters, but I still haven't reached that can't-put-it-down stage that I was anticipating when I first opened the book to read.
I realize that this is a novel written for adults, rather than teenagers. However, I don't think that this has as much to do with it as the fact that this new novel is written from the point-of-view of an alien. One of the things that I most enjoy about reading novels is the ability that I have to relate to the characters--usually the main character. However, I do not feel any connection to the main character in this novel as of yet. She is actually kind of annoying to me with her complete disregard for human emotions and abilities. The fact that she is actually trying to destroy the few remaining humans is also a sore spot. I've found myself rooting for her demise...but then where would the story be without its protagonist/antagonist all wrapped into one?
I suppose I'll take the novel with me to Myrtle Beach and see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment