I suppose this isn't too bad, but I get embarrassed easily.
So, I had a student who was sitting at a desk, not working. Periodically, I would walk by and say something to the effect of, "get to work" and I would sometimes encourage the student's partner to help "her."
Unfortunately, I was later informed by another student that the "she" was actually a HE. I had been referring to the little boy as a girl because his hair was about as long as mine currently is. The poor kid has soft features as well and if he were not wearing boy's clothes, you would never know that he is a he. His name is even one of those names that can be used for boys as well as girls. Oops.
I'm a huge fan of long hair. You'll rarely see me with short hair and I even like longish hair on guys. However, I think that boys' hair should never, ever go beyond shoulder length.
I sure did feel guilty about the mix-up though...
So, I had a student who was sitting at a desk, not working. Periodically, I would walk by and say something to the effect of, "get to work" and I would sometimes encourage the student's partner to help "her."
Unfortunately, I was later informed by another student that the "she" was actually a HE. I had been referring to the little boy as a girl because his hair was about as long as mine currently is. The poor kid has soft features as well and if he were not wearing boy's clothes, you would never know that he is a he. His name is even one of those names that can be used for boys as well as girls. Oops.
I'm a huge fan of long hair. You'll rarely see me with short hair and I even like longish hair on guys. However, I think that boys' hair should never, ever go beyond shoulder length.
I sure did feel guilty about the mix-up though...
Attractive Qualities in a Man
(in no particular order and completely in MY opinion)
1. Clean-shaven
2. Smells good
3. Asks you out on a date, even without being 100% positive of a “yes” answer
4. Direct; to the point
5. Friendly, personable
6. Takes control of a situation when necessary
7. Uses sir/ma’m
8. Strong, yet gentle
9. Chews food with his mouth closed
10. Knows how to cook a couple of dishes
11. Opens doors for any nearby women, not just his date
12. Lets ladies go first
13. Protective
14. Walks you to your car when it is dark outside
15. Walks on the outside (street side) of the sidewalk
16. Always walks you to your front door
17. Looks away when there are inappropriately (un)dressed women
18. Complimentary
19. Dances (dips or spins you at the end of a slow song)
20. Liked by/likes your family
21. Puts his arm around you
22. Calls, texts, e-mails daily
23. Subtly jealous of other men
24. Makes time for you, even when busy
25. Remembers details about you
Disclaimer: This list is not all-inclusive; neither is every quality necessary in every man.
(in no particular order and completely in MY opinion)
1. Clean-shaven
2. Smells good
3. Asks you out on a date, even without being 100% positive of a “yes” answer
4. Direct; to the point
5. Friendly, personable
6. Takes control of a situation when necessary
7. Uses sir/ma’m
8. Strong, yet gentle
9. Chews food with his mouth closed
10. Knows how to cook a couple of dishes
11. Opens doors for any nearby women, not just his date
12. Lets ladies go first
13. Protective
14. Walks you to your car when it is dark outside
15. Walks on the outside (street side) of the sidewalk
16. Always walks you to your front door
17. Looks away when there are inappropriately (un)dressed women
18. Complimentary
19. Dances (dips or spins you at the end of a slow song)
20. Liked by/likes your family
21. Puts his arm around you
22. Calls, texts, e-mails daily
23. Subtly jealous of other men
24. Makes time for you, even when busy
25. Remembers details about you
Disclaimer: This list is not all-inclusive; neither is every quality necessary in every man.
I tend to always have Starbursts on hand. They're probably my favorite candy, and anyone who knows me should be aware of my love of sugar. Last time I went to the dentist, I didn't even have any cavities, so I think it'll be okay.
Anyways, I absolutely adore the red and pink Starbursts. Unlike with Skittles, I tend to eat all of those first and this leaves me with a bag half full of the yellow and orange ones. (When eating Skittles, I have to save the best for last, so purple and red dominate.) With Starbursts, I have to refuse to let myself buy another bag until all of them are gone, and so I slowly make my way through the yellow and orange that are left in the bag after having eaten all of my favorites.
I'm ecstatic to say that I've finally found something to do with the undesired Starbursts! I can take them into my 7th graders and hand them out to students who are behaving and doing their work. The kids absolutely love them and then other students tend to shape up in an attempt to get a Starburst. It works like a charm for reinforcing positive behaviors and allows me to buy more red and pink Starbursts.
So far, only one student has noticed that they only get the orange and yellow ones :)
No comments:
Post a Comment