I absolutely loved President Uchtdorf's talk last night. He began by stating that sisters often undervalue their abilities and forget to recognize the things they have accomplished. He then provided to methods for overcoming this negativity. He said that creation and compassion are two God-like qualities that we should seek to emulate.
As I was listening to him speak, I focused more on the creation part of the talk. He said that creation leads to satisfaction and fulfillment. I am a daughter of the best Creator in the universe and I need to develop that ability. President Uchtdorf recommended that we start off small with something like dinner or a beautiful home. It may not be perfect, but it will be something that we have created and it will bring with it a sense of accomplishment.
I especially liked when he said that we need to contribute to the world around us, but that we can also focus on improving the world inside of us. I think that this includes growing in knowledge and intelligence, increasing and discovering new talents, and augmenting charity within myself. At least those are the categories in which I want to improve.
The world around me can be an absolutely beautiful place sometimes. I love being in NC where the world is a whole lot greener. Other times, it can be a pretty scary place. I can't always control the world around me, but I can make sure that the world inside of me is always beautiful. I'd like to start focusing more on creating. I'm creating a Halloween party to start off. We'll see what other things I can create :)
No comments:
Post a Comment