Tonight, as I was driving home, my thoughts were kind of lonely and slightly depressed. I was thinking about some things that had just happened and I was beginning to feel more and more upset. Honestly, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Soon, I arrived home and I've been in a contemplative mood ever since.
Just now, I realized that the reason why I am feeling so down is because something someone said hurt my feelings and I was over-analyzing it and generalizing the situation to the point that it was blown way out of proportion. I was going as far as to think (to myself) that, because this person is a bad friend, I don't have any good friends. That's completely untrue, but my thoughts were spiraling out of control.
I really don't want to let this silly comment make me so upset, but I'm having a hard time letting it go. I kind of want to do something to hurt this person's feelings in return. I know I could if I put my mind to it. I can't think of anything as subtle as what this person is doing to me, but subtlety has never been my forte. That's mean....I probably won't do anything, but at least I can think about it.
1 comment:
But perhaps doing something will make you feel better.
I'm sorry someone hurt your feelings... I hope it wasn't something I said, because I would never intentionally hurt anyone, especially not you. I'm so sorry though... that's never any fun!
Post a Comment