September 8, 2008

Scooch on over closer, dear...

I can't get "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz out of my head. It could have something to do with the fact that I've got it on repeat. It's my current favorite. The song has several inspirational one-liners and one bad word, which annoys me. I correct it in my head every time I hear the song, and maybe I shouldn't listen to it, but I can't seem to help myself.

My dad is the ultimate movie critic. Most of the time, I can expect to hear that "it was better than a kick in the head" when I ask him about a movie he has seen recently. If not that, he'll respond with, "At first, I thought I was going to die. Then, I was afraid I wasn't going to die." You know the movie might have been fairly bad if it receives the second response. However, for the first time EVER, my dad actually recommended that I go see a movie! The only movie that my dad has ever admitted to liking is "Pete's Dragon," so I'm sure you'll understand the shock that accompanied his recommendation.

Of course, he did mention that there was a bit of "dog poo" in the movie, but evidentially, it was outweighed by the good. Shocker, I know. I immediately decided to see it this week and wracked my brain to come up with someone to accompany me. The movie is entitled "Traitor," and I'm kind of excited to go see it!

4 comments:

Ader Family said...

I actually had the priviledge of going to see it before it came out. The whole preview showing thing. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it, but I enjoy those kind of movies.... I hope you like it too!

LadyEm said...

Now I want to see "Traitor" too, even though the trailer didn't appeal to me. Thanks for the tip.

Russtafarian said...

Totally off-topic...so Brittany, if you were to have a SIP of weak-sauce beer, or even of coffee...as opposed to having the energy boost of two gallons of soda...you're telling me that you would be more in your right mind with the soda??

If so, you really need to learn how to hold your alcohol ;) haha

Ashley said...

it's really good! i even liked it...and it's kinda a boys' movie...you'll like it!!~