I took my laptop home this weekend and turned it on to find that the wireless internet worked like a charm. I can officially blame Time Warner Cable for my internet problems. A technician came by about a week ago and told me that he hated macs. This, of course, instilled a great deal of kindness and confidence in me towards this cigarette scented man.
He looked at my internet connection and then turned on his personal laptop and connected to the internet. After telling me that his internet connection was working at a very high speed, he told me that the problem was with my machine and that I needed to contact Apple to get it fixed. He looked completely incompetent and I called the apartment complex management afterwards to complain. They called his manager and sent someone out to wire the apartment so that I could connect via an ethernet cord. This seemed to work for about 2 days, and then randomly stopped working.
I can't figure out what is going on, but I am not amused. Recently, I have been able to get the internet by constantly switching from wireless internet to ethernet to a different wireless internet connection. It is strange, and it works for only a couple of minutes at a time. Grrrrr!
4 comments:
I told a friend of mine what the internet guy said: he said that anyone who doesn't like MACs are probably incompetent. So you probably shouldn't listen to him anyway....
I had that happen at an apartment before. I think it's retarded!
My problem was that their 'hot spot' was too far from my apt to always get a good signal.
Good luck!
new blog address!~
WELL, this is quite irrelevant to the post.
Lorem Ipsum is basically gibberish. It's taken from some sentences in a work by Cicero, but it's really just picking and choosing random words out of it. It's pretty much designed to be unreadable so that you can concentrate on looking at the typeface and setting and stuff rather than trying to find a message in it. It's made so that even if you read Latin it won't make sense.
They put it in your yearbooks for that reason, so you concentrate on the fonts and layout rather than on what it actually says.
Um, and I hate not having the internet as well.
Post a Comment