September 1, 2008

Pretty in Pink

I was so excited this morning that it was sunny outside. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky for the first time in several days. I realized right away that it was the perfect pool day.

As usual, I got a bit burnt. My cheeks are permanently (at least for a few days) blushed, and my chest and arms are a bit on the red side as well. I just know the already generous dash of freckles across my cheeks and nose will double once the burn fades away.

Anyways, I made the mistake of wearing pink shorts and a white top today, which kind of made me look like an overly eager teen who is still learning how to use blush. Or maybe I looked pretty in pink from head to toe--I can only hope, since I did end up going out in public looking like that.

I had an absolutely fabulous Labor Day, and I'm really not wanting to go to work tomorrow, even though I do enjoy school. I'm sure to get comments about my lack of common sense when it comes to sunscreen. I need to sit down and go over my lesson for tomorrow so that it doesn't flop. I work with a special education teacher during my 4th period class, and I feel the need not to look incompetent in front of him. He's actually given me several compliments about my teaching, which makes me even more loathe to disappoint.

I'm really hoping my face doesn't peel. Goodnight :)

No comments: