October 3, 2008

Ain't no better reason.

I'm not sure if I should say it...much less type it, but I will. My internet is working!!! It will probably stop now that I've typed it, but I'm so excited that it's been working relatively speedily for the past 20 minutes. It's like the world is open to me again. I can google things. I can look up directions. I can look up movie times and watch previews. I can BLOG!! So much to do and so little time. Here's some random tidbits from the ever-so-interesting life of Brittany...

I put up Halloween decorations 3 days early. I couldn't help myself. I had some extra time and they were calling to me. I know I'm supposed to wait until at least Oct. 1st, but they just look so cute and festive. I've decided that Halloween decorations make me happy.

I'm annoyed with boys who ask me out once a month on a regular basis. It doesn't make sense. Why not once a week or either not at all? Is there a quota of Brittany time?

Bella the cat gained 2 pounds. I haven't seen her in a while, so I'll bet she's huge now. I'm so sad that she's no longer a tiny kitten. Why must kittens become cats?

Halloween candy is going to be my downfall. I haven't been to the dentist in quite a while and I'm actually afraid to go at this point. I decided to throw a Halloween party and so, of course, I had to buy lots of Halloween candy. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite convince myself that Halloween candy should not be opened until the Halloween party and I've been munching on it quite steadily. Don't look in my trash can...it's embarrassing.

My worst (behavior-wise) two students are surprisingly endearing this year. They're incredibly obnoxious, but sweet about it. They're attention-starved and very wise as to the world and all of the bad things out there. I kind of feel bad for them, but at the same time they can't think a thought without voicing it aloud, which is not particularly conducive to classroom instruction. On the other hand, there are a couple of students who aren't particularly "bad," but they have bad attitudes.

One such student came to me a couple of weeks ago saying that she was going to be leaving our school for another because her family had moved. I had to sign a withdrawal form and she was gone...for about 2 days. I was counting my lucky stars. Then, unfortunately, she was back. Now, the counselors have called me again telling me that she is going to change schools after all. I'm not sure if I believe them. It's like the girl who cried wolf. Who knows.

1 comment:

Russtafarian said...

As as far Palin's performance, it wasn't the debate that was THAT bad. I refer to her interview with Katie Couric *shudder*. The primary difference is that the cliche machine was actually functioning smoothly during the debate.