September 7, 2008

Foreign Boys

My sister and I were talking the other day about how foreign boys are so much more aggressive in dating than regular old American white boys, and we like it. White boys wait forever to call you after a date. They tend to be uncomfortable and stiff on a first date, among other standoff-ish tendencies. I realize that I'm generalizing, and that this is not true of all of them, but often they play hard-to-get and other various games which men tend to accuse women of playing.

I've only really had much experience with Hispanic boys. From what I remember, they call and/or text often. (After the first date, one Hispanic gentleman called me the very next day just to chat.) They tend to be incredibly flirty. They ask a lot of questions and genuinely seem interested in the answers. (This may or may not be because they don't understand enough English to talk a lot.) They compliment you frequently. (One such boy said I had beautiful eyes. He constantly told me that my Spanish was amazing, although I kind of doubt that one.) They are very gentlemanly. Also, they tend to be very touchy--in a good way. For example, they'll put a hand on your back to guide you through a door, or casually place a hand on your arm for a second to emphasize something they've said. My sister was mentioning how they often call you by a nickname, even after just having met you. (This one called her babe.)

My dad's actually complained about this as well. He says he just doesn't understand boys these days. Why aren't they asking girls out and really getting to work on finding wives? The foreign boys are.

White boys, take some notes :P

2 comments:

ReL said...

This is all so baffling to me as well. Stupid boys.

~~~~ said...

GEE THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. I think it's because when white dudes do all the above it's 'creepy' whereas when hispanic dudes do it, it's 'exotic.' Double standard? Maybe?