Today I decided that I need to make some changes in my life. I took the first step as I chopped about 6 inches of hair off. I've also decided to care a little less about what people think about me and a little more about what I think of myself. I'm going to drop one guy and stop being a silly girl about him. Hopefully, I'll find someone else with whom to move on. (My attempts to keep from ending that sentence with a preposition failed miserably.) I thought I could go out on dates with him without it affecting me and my frame of mind, but I was wrong.
I've decided to take my mom and dad's opinions a little less seriously and their advice a bit more seriously. I want to visit them more often while I still can. I need to show them how much I care for them, and I haven't been doing a good job lately. Also, I've noticed that I'm happy when I'm at home. I feel rejuvenated and more ready and willing to take on the world.
I'm planning on really sitting down and mapping out the next few years of my life to the best of my ability. I want to go to graduate school eventually, but I need to figure out when, where, and in what field.
I want to work on making my apartment more homey, especially with pictures of my family and the people I care about. I also hope to keep in touch with old friends better. I want to be more socially assertive and to start planning events and activities.
I don't want to get into a rut where I'm stuck doing the same things in the same way for the rest of my life. As happy as I am with my life now, it's not what I want for forever.
4 comments:
Those sound like great ideas - some things I need to work on myself. But it's a lot easier said than done.
Good luck!!
I'm sorry... and I still think you're a friend and a great person!!
You didn't say anything about keeping in better touch with ME. Boo.
Also-I want to see your hair! AND I'm still waiting on pictures of your class room. Meanie head.
Your hair looks amazing just so you know. ;-)
Are you going to put pictures of your haircut? I don't have facebook anymore so I can't look there if you put them there.
Post a Comment