I've realized recently that I don't particularly enjoy being alone like I used to. In past years, I lived for my alone time. I would hole up in my room for hours on end and it was fun. I could read a book, surf the internet, watch TV, play a game, or otherwise amuse myself at one point.
Now I find myself bored and wondering about what other people are doing if I'm alone for long periods of time. It's kind of strange to me. I'm definitely still introverted and I still adore reading for long periods of time. Occasionally, I want to be left alone. However, my personality is changing, perhaps maturing.
It's hard for me to admit to myself that I need to spend time with other people in order to be happy. I like to be a very self-sufficient person. Plus, other people are not always available to spend time with and it's annoying to want something you can't always have.
No comments:
Post a Comment