
Today there must have been a tornado spotting somewhere near the school where I teach, because about 10 minutes before the dismissal bell rang, the entire school went into tornado mode. All of the students had to line the halls and crouch down. They had to put their heads to the ground and sit curled up in a ball, facing the walls.
I was told that usually the teachers had to do this with them, but for some reason, none of the teachers were on their knees. Walls would have to have crumbled before I curled up on the floor in my knee length white skirt.
Anyways, those poor unfortunate kids were curled up on the hard, dirt encrusted floors for nearly 30 minutes. Every once in a while, the school secretary would announce that a particular student needed to report to the main office. Evidentially, their parents had come for them. There was a collective groan from the remaining students each time. I felt bad for them. At the same time, it was rather amusing to see all of their little butts up in the air.
No comments:
Post a Comment