Today was absolutely exhausting...mentally and physically. My throat aches from talking for hours on end without breaks and my feet are killing me, despite the fact that I wore some of my most comfortable shoes.
Now that the day is done, my mind is racing. I'm trying to think of all of the things that I need to do. I'm imagining up ways to get the students to participate in class and to keep as quiet as they were on the first day. I'm thinking about how I'm going to keep my one crazy student from becoming a major behavior problem and being sent to alternative school again this year. I'm attempting to remember names and faces. I'm planning out and scripting (in my head) day 2 of school.
I would like you to know that, despite the fact that it was tiring, I loved the first day of school. I went into it feeling nervous, but infinitely more prepared than I did last year at this time. It truly went well though. The students, as a whole, are much better (behavior-wise) than last year. I feel more confident. Also, as usual, time flies while I'm at school. I feel so lucky to have a job that I enjoy and that really makes time fly. I think I would go crazy at a boring job all day. Today, I looked at the clock in the morning, and the next thing I knew, it was time to go! It's amazing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment