December 1, 2008

If I had a pensieve...

Here's some of the thoughts you'd find in my pensieve if I had one. Of course, they'd be much more vivid and entertaining if you could see the memories that go along with each of them.

I can't believe the number of faculty meetings I've been to in the past 2 months. We used to only have one (after school) meeting a month. Now it seems they've tacked on an unscheduled meeting onto the past 2 months. The worst part about it is that they're several hours long and they ALWAYS go at least a half hour longer than they are supposed to according to our "agenda."

This is completely hypocritical, but I really don't appreciate it when people make pointed comments regarding others on their blogs. This is especially underhanded when you know the person you're typing about is likely to read what you've written. I suppose that maybe it's less confrontational this way, but it's definitely meaner to read leave people wondering whether or not your subtly cruel comments apply to them or not. It's possible that I may have done this in the past myself, and I'm definitely doing it now, but it's usually unintentional on my part. It's difficult to imagine many people actually reading my blog. However, now that I know how bad it can make you feel, I'm planning on being extra careful about not doing it anymore.

Those speed bumps outside my apartment are making my life miserable...for about 2 minutes a day. However, every miserable moment counts! I've tried slowing down to 3 mph, but they're still pretty awful even at that speed. My little car jolts and protests after each one.

The boy I was talking about in my previous post finally did come to his senses and everything is much better now :)

I'm really disappointed with movies (in general) right now. I love movies, but I was falling asleep during Twilight, Four Christmases was dirty enough that my family walked out after 20 minutes, and Australia would not end, but was just entertaining enough that I couldn't sleep or leave. I really need to see a good movie to get my movie spirits up.

Trying to get students to purchase yearbooks this year is turning out to be a HEADACHE! I really enjoy teaching the class and creating the yearbook, but advertising and marketing are not my strong suits. I wish the stupid things would just sell themselves...or maybe selling them could be another teacher's job.

I really, really love gentlemen. I suppose I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic. I went to a dinner party this weekend and was amazed that all of the men remained standing until each of the ladies were seated. I've never actually seen this happen before (that I can remember at this point). It was really cute!

I have a bit of a cold. Strangely enough, I haven't encountered the dreaded stuffy nose which usually accompanies such a sickness. I've had a scratchy throat which refuses to clear and terrible headaches which make my head feel like it's going to explode from all of the pressure. I've also felt really drained and tired. However, I can handle these symptoms. It's the stuffy nose that kills whenever I have a cold. I can't stand not being able to breathe out of my nose. Hopefully my cold's on it's way out...

The people in the apartment below me are having an argument. There's a woman yelling at the top of her lungs at someone. Someone needs to wash her mouth out with soap. Sheesh...these walls are thin!

2 comments:

RobinsonRugrats said...

Australia wasn't that good? Man, I have been dying to see that movie. Thanks for the movie reviews b/c I LOVE movies as well.

The Smith Trio said...

I sooooo agree about Four Christmases and the blog comments. I hope your cold goes away soon. It was so good to see you at the fireside. Thank you so much for coming and all your help. Greenville just inst the same without you. We also played Mafia last night and all missed you like crazy. Come home soon please!!!