December 13, 2008

Laundry is my downfall.

I spent the weekend in my hometown so that I could attend my little sister's birthday party as well as my paternal grandparents' Christmas party. I had a great time and ate way too much food. However, the fun was cut short due to my most-detested chore: laundry.

I told my parents that I had to leave this evening rather than staying the night due to the fact that I had (at least) 4 loads of laundry waiting me in my apartment. I made the long trip back home when I could have spent the evening relaxing in my parent's home.

Let me explain...I have a lot of clothes and I've found that I can go about a month without doing any laundry at all. Unfortunately, this means that when I finally do get to my laundry, it's going to take hours upon hours to complete. The previously simple chore which I (for some strange reason) detest and procrastinate has become a beast.

Sometimes I start loads of laundry, but I'm very forgetful when it comes to washing my clothes and I'm all the time leaving loads of laundry in the machines for several days which results in wrinkly, icky clothes that need to be re-washed. I don't know why I hate doing laundry so much. It's really not that difficult and I love the smell of newly-washed clothes. I'm doing laundry right now, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

You are not alone. I HATE doing laundry as well. It has only gotten worse since I have gotten married and had 2 kids. I don't mind put the clothes into the machines, but I hate the folding and putting away part. Hey... at least you have enough clothes for a month!!

Courtney said...

I am completely the same way about laundry! Literally, I could copy/paste this entry into my blog. (Don't worry - I won't.) We are laundry twins!