Today as I was driving to my apartment building, I spotted a dark black line in the road. I found myself wondering what it was as I was cruising directly towards it at about 30-35 mph. Unfortunately, it didn't cross my mind until I was right there at it, that it was a brand new speed bump. I went flying over the bump and my car protested as she hit the ground afterwards. To my dismay, I drove for all of 10 seconds before encountering the first evil speed bump's twin brother.
This morning, there were NO speed bumps. There weren't even trucks out there designating my street as a construction area. I wonder how they put those terrible things there. I wonder if i can get rid of them. They weren't even painted yellow so I could see them. They looked like stripes across the pavement until I got way too close for comfort.
I like speed humps. You know, the really wide speed bumps that make you feel like you're on a miniature roller coaster if you take them with any speed? They're fun. I even like the really wide speed bumps that you can kind of glide over at a decent speed. I dislike my new speed bumps with a passion.
It's awful! I have to practically come to a complete stop to comfortably drive over these nasty little bumps. This is going to add another minute onto my 16 minute commute to work in the morning. I am not a happy camper.
3 comments:
Even though I share in your dislike of the tiny type speed bumps... I think it's very good they put those in your complex. Everytime I'm over there I've noticed people drive WAAAY too fast for a parking lot where people live. It's safer this way.
How frustrating. I hate speed bumps too.
I hate speed bumps. Our old apartment complex had them...and it didn't matter that we lived there for over a year...they always sneaked up on me!~
Post a Comment