I can't say that I ever had "Utah hair" when I went to BYU, but I must admit that I miss my Utah hair. In North Carolina, there is no better word to describe my hair than bushy. It's not straight, and it's most certainly not curly. It's not necessarily frizzy, but it poofs out and looks bushy unless I do something to it. Usually I curl it, but sometimes when I am in a hurry, I straighten it. I probably would have just lived with this fact and never known anything different if I hadn't gone to college out west.
In the Utah desert, I learned the true potential of my hair. Without the humidity, it lays flat. Also, it curls like nobody's business out there. I can curl it in the morning and it will still be curly the next day after having slept on it. Here, in NC, my hair is curly in the morning and back to bushy by the evening. How frustrating! Oh well, at least my skin isn't dry and crusty like it was in Utah. I no longer go through a bottle of lotion each week. It's a trade-off...fair enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment