This Saturday, I went with a friend to the North Carolina mountains for the first time ever! Isn't it sad that I grew up in this state and yet I'd never been to the mountains? My friend and I went specifically to see what Fall has done to the trees and we were amazed. As we were driving up the dirt road which led to where we would begin hiking, there was this spot which actually stopped us in our tracks. We looked around and were suddenly surrounded by yellow. Every tree around us was full of bright yellow leaves. The whole area appeared to be glowing, and it was absolutely gorgeous.
I'm pretty terrified of heights, but I actually enjoyed myself and we even climbed a very steep gorge which (according to my friend) was somewhere around 30-40 feet high. We ate lunch at a beautiful spot near the top of the mountain and only got lost a couple of times in the winding trails that lead to various spots around the mountain. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and hope to go visit the NC mountains again soon!
1 comment:
I love the pictures from your trip. I so wanted to go to the mountatins this fall but I don't think it is gonna happen.
Post a Comment