One of my goals for 2012 is to lose the rest of my baby weight (10lbs as of yesterday). I've never really tried to lose weight before, so it's a huge challenge for me. Being a stay-at-home mom makes it even more challenging. I'm constantly snacking, because I'm constantly in the kitchen getting food for Thomas, doing dishes, making food for Jake, doing laundry...in, out, in, out, and it's so easy to grab something to eat.
I've found staying super busy helps. When I've got a million things to do, I have less time to eat.
Working out is good...I just don't like it. I've never understood it when people talk about how much they love a good work-out. Exercise makes me sweaty and hungry and sore. Exercise also makes me skinny, so maybe that will make me feel good. It's just hard when results come so slowly.
Eating filling foods seems to help me eat less. I'm not sure how this affects weight loss, because I'm positive that these "filling foods" have more calories.
Chewing gum and brushing my teeth after eating helps. Mint kills my appetite.
Weaning Thomas has helped lower my appetite. Nursing made me hungry all the time. (I'm not weaning him in order to lose weight...I'm weaning him because nursing didn't work out and pumping stinks.)
Does anyone else have any weight loss tricks?
2 comments:
Hi Britt...okay this is way random but I stumbled upon your blog and you look so familiar to me...maybe I am totally up in the night, but anywho happy new year and good luck with your goals! They sound like great ones indeed...but you're crazy about thinking you need loose weight :-) you look great!
oh and come check out my custom blog design giveaway! I think you'd totally like it!
colorissue.blogspot.com
xoxo
Aarean
Hey brittany! I agree! Exercise is stupid. I only do it once in awhile so that I don't get worn out walking up and down stairs.
Post a Comment