Thomas started out excited to try something new. He grinned happily as I carefully spooned liquidy cereal into his little mouth. He also grinned as he used his tongue to push it all back out and down his chin and over his bib.
Soon the newness wore off and Thomas started inventing new ways to entertain himself. He began by trying to grab the bowl. He followed up with blowing rice cereal all over my face...and arms...and the nearby table. He continued with his self-amusement by attempting to eat his bib. This makes it surprisingly difficult to get a spoon into his mouth.
Eventually, he became tired of
I've come to realize that everything having to do with babies is difficult and expensive...except loving them. Thank goodness for that!

2 comments:
I think every baby has a very messy experience eating rice cereal for the first time. You did just fine. With more practice, he'll learn to swallow it rather than spit it out. You don't need to wait until "someone who actually knows what they're doing" to be there because you already know what you're doing. Just be prepared with a wet cloth, a few bibs, and a lot of patience.
I want to see a video of TI eating!!~
Post a Comment