January 9, 2012

Making Room.

Jake and I live in a 3 bedroom townhouse.  It's fairly large, but there is NO (only slight exaggeration) storage space.  The attic is access only, and the closets are all fairly small.  We've been using the 3rd bedroom as a glorified storage closet, but that all changed this weekend.

Our Friday night "date" consisted of de-junking and donating everything that we had not used in the past 2 years.  It was difficult to part with some things, but we figured that the chances of us using something that had just been sitting around for 2 whole years was unlikely.  We filled both our cars with stuff for Goodwill and trashed a lot of stuff that we didn't think anyone would want.

Our next step was to move most everything out.  We put stuff in our bedroom, other bathrooms, and the hallway.  After moving the queen-sized bed out of the T-rex's room and into the 3rd bedroom, things were finally starting to shape up.  We pulled 1/2 of our sectional couch into the baby's room and left the other half and the desk in the other room.

Saturday's main goal was to utilize the attic.  Jake borrowed my dad's new truck and a ladder.  He bought a couple pieces of plywood from Lowes, which we put in the attic to create some storage space.  Then we toted all of the odds and ends we hadn't donated up the ladder.  I just hope that nothing ends up falling through the ceiling on us!  I'll have to take pictures once we're finished--we still have a little work to do:  dusting and vacuuming.

Now that we have a real guest bedroom, someone needs to come visit us!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Dejunking is probably my favorite activity. I am the exact opposite of a Hoarder...maybe I need my own TLC show!!!~