I'm attempting to get organized. I was reading Elder Ian S. Ardern's talk from the Conference Ensign entitled "A Time to Prepare," and it inspired me.
Inspiration:
"Let us be as quick to kneel as we are to text."
"The poor use of time is a close cousin of idleness."
"With the demands made of us, we must learn to prioritize our choices to
match our goals or risk being exposed to the winds of procrastination
and being blown from one time-wasting activity to another."
"As many have already discovered, there is an increase of happiness in life as we use our time to seek after those things which are virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy."
Implementation:
1. Family History: I will create my own family history through blogging, taking pictures, and making family videos (mostly of Thomas) at least once a week.
2. Fitness: I will take a walk with Thomas and do Zumba once a week.
3. Education: I will study my scriptures and/or the Ensign once daily. I find and read literature about how to become a better homemaker and mother once a week.
4. House of Order: I will complete at least one major chore a day (except on the Sabbath).
--Laundry
--Vacuuming
--Clean Bathrooms
--Take out the trash
--Dust/windex
--Grocery Shopping
5. Social: I will spend time with friends at least once a week. I will call and talk to a family member who does not live close by at least once a week.
6. Create/Serve: I will find something to organize, someone to serve, or something to make/create at least once a week. (Kind of vague, I know.)
It feels good to have goals, even if they are a couple weeks late for
the New Year.
3 comments:
Great goals!!~
Those are great! You are such an inspiration! I may have to steal some of your goals :) We should go walking soon with the kiddos!
I have always had goals. You will see how much more you accomplish. I like that you write them down. One of my favorite sayings is:" An unwritten goal is merrily a wish"
You are doing great!
Post a Comment