I've been having some trouble with picking out and preparing meals every night of the week. It's challenging for me to plan ahead and be creative with food, so I've been looking for things to help me with planning inexpensive, delicious, and varied meals. I've exhausted lasagna and homemade pizza. We're also kinda burnt out on bean burritos, spaghetti, and breakfast for dinner.
On Pinterest, I found an idea that I really liked for creating a rotating meal calendar. Once I finally got around to gathering a list of all the dinner ideas I have ever successfully cooked, it wasn't too hard at all. I printed the meal ideas out, bought a picture frame, painted clothespins, painted crayon boxes for card holders, and slapped some glue on that sucker. (Ok, it took me about a week, and quite a bit of frustration when I painted my clothespins shut and snapped them in half as I tried to re-open them.) Overall, I think it turned out well, and I can even add new recipes to the rotation as I continue my hunt for good food. I'm really excited to use it for the coming weeks :)
If you have any awesome dinner ideas you'd like to contribute to the "Save Jake from Anymore Lasagna Crusade" please leave them in the comments!
5 comments:
You and Beth inspire me with your recipe boards! Really cute. (sorry about your mishap with the clothes pins. We certainly learn as we go) I love that idea. I will have to think of some good recipes and send them to you.
Hey Brittany! I know it's been ages, but I've enjoyed following your cue family on Facebook. I'm always trying new inexpensive dinner recipes. My favorites include vegetarian chili with cornbread; lentil soup; quesadillas (I use roasted winter squash or sweet potatoes in mine); pasta salad (using whatever veggies/nuts/cheeses/protein you might have on hand). Happy cooking!
You and Beth inspire me with your cute recipe boards. I will have to think of some good recipes to send you.
So cute...I might contribute some meal ideas, although Jacob is pretty picky compared to what he ate when he lived with me years ago...
Haha!!! Mine would be "save the Noel from BBQ chicken". I love this idea.
Post a Comment