October 9, 2012
For Remembrance.
I love the noise Thomas makes when he first grabs a pacifier and puts it in his mouth.
I love seeing him in pajamas, particularly striped ones. He has new bat pajamas with glow-in-the dark stars on them, and I left him in them all day yesterday, because they were too cute to take off.
I love how my little Trex will crawl (well, he used to crawl--now he attempts to walk) around with a blanket over his head until he hits something or gets stuck.
I love it when he gives head-butt "kisses" to his stuffed animals, but especially when he gives them to me. He'll press his whole face against my face and just rest it there for a few seconds.
I love his Frankenstein walk. Especially when he's wearing his "skinny" jeans.
I love that when Thomas hears the door being unlocked, he stops, stands alert, and then either makes a dash for his daddy, or starts showing off, waiting for his daddy to come see his newest trick.
I love the noises Thomas makes when he pushes cars and trucks around his room, and I love the way he scoots around on one knee when he does this.
I love his fearlessness. There are very few things he's afraid of--the blender is one of the only things I can think of.
I love it when he shakes his head "no." I'm sure it'll get old, but it's cute and since he refuses to try to talk, it's nice to see some attempt at communication.
I love how he makes gaga eyes at little girls. He's sure to be quite the ladies' man one day.
I love how Thomas eats goldfish and cheerios sometimes--he sucks on them for a second, making a "kissy-face" and then chews them up and swallows. He loves to stuff 2-4 goldfish in his mouth at a time, and I wonder how they all fit.
A couple of days ago, he was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and he decided that he'd had enough and wanted to get down, but Jake and I were still eating, so we were making him stay in his high chair. He looked at me, smirked, grabbed a piece of sandwich with his thumb and pointer finger, held it over the side of the high chair, looked at me with an "I dare you to stop me" face, and then dropped it onto the floor. I said something like, "No, Thomas. That's bad!" He started laughing harder than I'd ever heard him laugh and proceeded to grab another piece of sandwich and toss it over, too. I was trying hard to be stern. Jake wasn't helping...laughin "behind his hand," which wasn't very sneaky and Thomas thought he was hot stuff. He proceeded to drop all of the sandwich bites over the side of his high chair.
When Thomas wants something (to climb up the stairs, to play with the toilet paper, etc) and I won't let him have it, he cries and sometimes screams, and that's not good, but when I pick him up and try to re-direct him, he cries, screams, and kicks his little legs ferociously, and I kind of think it's funny.
When he is in his crib, but doesn't want to take a nap, he bangs his pacifier on the bars of the crib to make a clanking noise. Sometimes he kicks them instead. He likes to sleep the short way in his crib, but he gets stuck sometimes, because he's so tall now. He also likes to have a spare pacifier when he goes to sleep. The pacis always seem to end up behind the crib, and I have to clean them out on a weekly basis. Also, he always seems to need to poop during his naps, so I have to figure out whether or not he's fussing because he's resisting nap-time, or if he's fussing because he's filled up his diaper. My favorite is when he sleeps on his belly with his little bottom poked up in the air.
Trex loves to try to put lids on containers--specifically his little cheerio containers. He likes to put cheerios into the container and then dump them out. He loves to try to stir them with a spoon, and sometimes he puts them on a spoon and tries to get them into his mouth with it. So far he's been unsuccessful, but I know he'll get it soon. He's very determined.
Thomas refuses most real food. He loves most all Stage 2 baby food. He gags and spits out all Stage 3 babyfood. He refuses mashed potatoes--what kid doesn't like mashed potatoes? Sometimes he likes bananas, PB&J, cheese, french fries, bologna, mac n' cheese, pancakes, and bite-sized canned or frozen veggies. Sometimes he does not. He likes to keep me on my toes, I suppose. He is always willing to eat yogurt, applesauce, fruit snacks, and most anything sweet. He ate some chicken from my plate last night, and I felt it was the highest compliment my cooking had ever received.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love hearing all the details of our little t. I am thinking those really cute photos must be from your recent photo shoot. I want to see all of them! You must have the cd now. I feel sad that I don't get to see him very much. I am missing out on all his cuteness. Thanks for posting so I can see him through photos.
I loved it! You should print that out (have printed the same pictures - those have got to be Naomi pictures) and make a page in his scrapbook for just after 1 year.
I love this Brittany! Hannah and Thomas sound so much alike, you think they were related! Hannah does all those things as well, although getting her to eat luckily for us, hasn't been all that bad. If she doesn't eat, I have found she doesn't feel good. I love how you're keeping a blog about these things.
Oh my goodness!!! I'm going to have to see Mr. TRex soon!!
That dangling the food off the side of his chair...hilarious!!!
Post a Comment