September 23, 2012

Handiwork.

Lately I've been obsessed with blogs which provide tutorials on how to sew things without a pattern.  Patterns drive me crazy.  They're tedious and difficult to read.  Here are some of my creations :)

With this skirt, I learned how to do pleats (which were surprisingly easy).  I would have posted a picture of the entire ensemble, but alas, my shirt appears transparent in all the pictures I took.  I thought I would spare you that view.


That's a pencil skirt with a 3in elastic waistband.  Please ignore my lack of make-up and crazy hair.  I had been slaving away in the upstairs bonus room for the past several hours and it was hot.  The green skirt was originally intended to be a maxi, but I failed to take into account the fact that maxi skirts are supposed to be fairly loose and billowy.  It was a close call...in my frustration, the trashcan was calling my name.  I was pleased with the save, though.



Lastly, I used the leftover gray/yellow fabric to make some yoga shorts.  I think I'd better start working on some tops to go with all of my new bottoms!  Maybe I'll even get around to making some trex clothes...

6 comments:

LadyEm said...

Awesome job Britt! I've not yet developed sewing skills but I admire the handiwork of others. Make some more!!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

You're doing great! is the plaid a stretchy fabric? How is it waisted? (button, zipper, elastic, stretch fabric)

kim e said...

I'm impressed! So glad you like sewing. I love everything about it. (Even when I screw up and have to redo or scrap it, I have learned something not to do the next time.)
Your skirts are cute.

Ashley said...

You are so so crafty!! I am seriously impressed.

Now it's time to open up a shop!! So serious!

Jamie said...

Awesome, Brittany! These look fantastic!!

Jamie said...

Awesome, Brittany! These look TERRIFIC!