July 7, 2010

Jake in NC.

A couple of days ago, Jake moved to NC with me.  It was a bittersweet moment as Jake is leaving behind his brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephew who were all living within 5 minutes of his old apartment.  I feel bad dragging him away from his family like that, but I'm so excited to have him close by--we've been driving 3 hours to see one another every weekend for the past 10 months.  However, Jacob is currently living with his grandparents--his aunt and uncle, complete with cousins, live just down the road here in the Raleigh area.  He has family everywhere :)

Jacob and I enjoyed a fantastic weekend with his family at the beach and a fun-filled Monday with my family before heading home to Raleigh.  Tuesday was a purely Jake and Brittany day... today I begin sharing him with his new job.  I'm excited for him, but I was kinda hoping to have him all to myself for a few more days.  We're very blessed that he was able to find a job so quickly, though, so no real complaints here.

Our Tuesday together was about perfect.  We began with a car wash for TangoRed who has recently taken a bug bath and needed a good scrubbing.  This was followed by a quick trip to the grocery store where we practiced following our new weekly grocery budget of $50.  We only went over by $2.  After putting away groceries, we made lunch and I introduced Jake to the joys of the first Harry Potter movie, which I was shocked to find out that he has never seen.

After the movie, we went out car shopping.  Evidently, the Toyota dealership is too cool to be in the cluster of car dealerships on Capital Blvd, so we pulled out gpsy and managed to find our way.  Jake test drove a Corolla and later an Accord.  He says Hondas are too heavy, so I think we'll be sticking with a Toyota.  We're excited to get him into a car with A/C, especially with days like yesterday that made me want to melt.  However, we'll take our time and make sure to get a good deal.  We've got family all over the Carolinas on the lookout for Corollas.

After car shopping, we headed home to use one of my favorite wedding gifts so far:  the waffle maker. (Thanks Uncle Jim and Aunt Cheryl!!)  We made perfect waffles and had brownies for dessert.  After dinner, we played sequence and read some chapters out of our new book...Between Husband and Wife.  Interesting reading.

No comments: