July 17, 2010

Independence Day Weekend in Miss Mrytle.

This post is long overdue, but I was uploading some pictures from my camera and I noticed all the fun pictures from our Myrtle Beach trip.  Jacob has mentioned several times how much he loves spending the 4th of July with his family, so I suggested that we head to the Beach for the weekend.  We had an amazing time.  Jake's parents, brother, and grandparents were there with us and we were able to do some of my favorite things--like perusing the outlets, watching awesome movies like Eclipse and The Last Airbender, and eating good food.

I was finally able to try some of Jake's dad's "famous" hotdogs.  He likes to cook a special brand of red weenies, and he even has a super cool machine to cook them and to steam the hotdog buns.  They reminded me of Andy's hotdogs and were just as delicious as everyone said they would be.

Jake's parents took us out to eat to a beautiful seafood restaurant just off the coast.  The view was gorgeous, even if the smell wasn't so appealing for those of us who don't care for seafood.  I know you're wondering what were we doing at a seafood restaurant when we can hardly stand the smell.  All I can say is that, sometimes, you have to humor the old folks.  After dinner, we walked along the dock and took a look at the boats where we found one named Captain Nephi and another named Lehi!

All around, it was another perfect weekend with some of my favorite people.

PS:  We're getting married in 12 days!!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Brittany! You and Jacob take beautiful pictures together... you two are going to make some purdy babies. :-)

It looks like ya'll had a really fun time for the 4th of July. I rather wish I could head off to the beach whenever I want. *sigh*

I love you and can't wait to come home for your WEDDING! Woot woot!