June 27, 2014

Upgrades.


Jake and I have been saving up for a new vehicle for the past year and a half.  With the impending arrival of our new baby and the deteriorating condition of the Echo (my 16th birthday present), we decided to move forward with an SUV or minivan.

After weeks and weeks of agonizing, researching, and test-driving, we decided upon the Mazda5.  The Sienna was our first choice, but it was huge (would barely fit in our one-car garage) and expensive.  SUVs are nice, but I really wanted sliding doors.

The Mazda5 is like a mini-minivan.  It's red...we seem to have a habit of buying red cars in our family.  We were originally looking for a black one, but we got a good deal on the red.  It seats 6 and has sliding rear doors.  The trunk is pretty tiny with the 3rd row seats up, but we don't really need the 3rd row until we have a 3rd baby, which should be a while.  When we do have a 3rd child, we can put one of the back row seats down and still have a decent amount of storage.

We bought the Mazda a little over a week ago and sold the Echo (using craigslist) about 3 days later.  Everything worked out perfectly, and I am loving the new car.  The sliding doors are invaluable when dragging a little t-rex in and out of his carseat.  I really enjoy having bluetooth, and driving a shiny new car is just fun.

Jake claims he misses the Echo sometimes, but I think the Civic is treating him pretty well.  He's loving the power windows and keyless entry.

No comments: