I've been camping twice this year, which is a Brittany record. The last time I went camping was Young Women's camp when I was 16. The first of the two trips was rather rough on me. I was unprepared. However, I'm pleased to say that I really enjoyed this last trip. Let me share with you some of my new camping wisdom:
1. No matter how hot it is during the day, it gets cold at night when up in the mountains. Bring a sweatshirt and a warm sleeping bag.
2. When you have to hike a half mile to the campsite, every little thing counts--bring only necessities. Or, bring a couple of big, strong men.
3. Flip flops can get you ALMOST anywhere in life. Water shoes and tennis shoes are for camping and hiking.
4. A little speed may seem reckless, but it is very helpful to have the extra momentum when hiking slippery boulders.
5. Listerine is an effective bug spray. Also, bug spray is a necessity.
6. There's only so much room around the campfire--small groups are more fun sometimes.
7. You can never have too much clean water.
8. Everything you take camping will get dirty, so do not take anything that cannot stand a little dirt.
9. Start your evening campfire early, because you will be exhausted at the end of the day, and you will want to go to bed at an unusually early time.
10. Don't worry what you look like...everybody else looks about like you do.
1 comment:
hahahaha.... those are great things! fun trip - I love the mountains!!
~S
Post a Comment