June 15, 2009

School is out!

School is finally out. I spent nearly the entirety of last Thursday moving the contents of my old classroom to my new school. At the faculty luncheon, I was struck by the fact that I really will miss my old school and co-workers. However, I'm excited for the new adventure and experiences I'll have at my new school. Unfortunately, I was unable to see my new classroom, but hopefully I'll be in it soon. (The new school isn't quite finished yet.) I'm so excited to feed my obsessive compulsive neat-freak-ish-ness with a brand new classroom that no one's ever dirtied or abused. Friday I kick-started my new pool-bum status and got a little burnt, but the tan that's coming in from all the red is worth it :)

As I sit around today and stalk people on facebook, re-read an old novel, and blog, I'm realizing how easy it is to be lazy. I'm going to have to get my butt into gear. I have big plans for the summer.

I plan to go to the beach frequently. I plan to make new friends as I get to know all the new people in the ward. My old friend Russ is coming to visit soon and before he comes, I must do some deep cleaning in my apartment. I feel like I haven't cleaned it in ages and it's getting rather cluttered. Clutter is something I can't tolerate for long. I'm planning on several trips to Myrtle Beach and I'd like to go home to visit the family more often this summer. I'm considering a trip to California. I'm going to definitely have to catch up on my reading...my "books to read" list is ridiculously long at this point and I just got a shiny new library card that works in any library in all of Wake County. Camping trips and a possible white water rafting trip are coming up. Also, I'd really like to start working out each morning (followed by a dip in the pool).

I can't wait to see what the summer brings!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for summer!!! I'm excited for you about your new classroom. We should definitely get together this summer!!~

ReL said...

ah I'm not such a fan of my front desk location...especially since I'm not getting more money for the move LOL.
You didn't end up losing your teaching job did you?? I would have thought I'd heard about it if you did so I guess there were enough people hired after you that you were able to stick around?
PS! We need to visit teach you!!! LOL

Shaylee said...

Hey girl! I'm glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours! Hope all is well...