April 30, 2015

5K.

Jake likes to run.  He wanted to run a 5K and a friend told him about an autism awareness race.  He ran it in 26 minutes--not bad considering he hardly had time to practice.  I think I would keel over if I tried to run anywhere near 3 miles in one stretch.



Thomas likes to run as well.  His running is far less organized, because he mostly runs away from me at inconvenient times.  While other children happily climb the ladder to the slide and swing in the playground, he is the child running to the forest and picking up sticks to play with.


At the autism race, Thomas ran in the kiddie dash for kids 3 and under.  He would have placed 3rd if they had actually kept track.  Jake says he would have placed 2nd if the little girl next to him had not gotten a head start ;)

1 comment:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

when I saw the title, I expected to see that you had run in a 5k. Fortunately, it was jacob so I don't have to feel guilty about just beginning to exercise again. :)