August 1, 2014
Four.
Jake and I have been married for FOUR years as of July 29th. I can't believe how fast time flies as you get older. (Except for the last month of pregnancy, that definitely doesn't fly. It makes time suddenly grind to a halt.)
It's been a wonderful 4 years. I feel like I've grown and learned more in these past several years than I have in my entire life. One of my favorite lines of poetry comes from Poe's "Annabel Lee." It makes me think of Jake. "And we loved with a love that was more than love."
I love talking to older couples who have been married more years than they were apart, and one day, I hope to be one of those couples. I wish I'd known Jake when he was a little boy or a teenager or a newly returned missionary. I'm blessed to have him now.
Can't wait to see what the next 4 years bring...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment