However, reading Jean A. Stevens' talk, "Fear Not; I Am with Thee" helped me to put things into perspective a little bit. Here are some of my favorite quotes:
“I pray because I can’t help myself. … I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God. It changes me.”
"But truly our Father knows us and hears the pleadings of our hearts. He accomplishes His miracles one prayer at a time, one person at a time. We can trust that He will help us, not necessarily in the way we want but in the way that will best help us to grow. Submitting our will to His may be difficult, but it is essential to becoming like Him and finding the peace He offers us."
"The gospel of Jesus Christ is not a checklist of things to do; rather, it lives in our hearts. The gospel “is not weight; it is wings.”4 It carries us."
“Fear … not; … I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; … I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
The Lord's plan may not be my plan for myself, and even though we all have experiences that make us feel miserable, the Lord does comfort us and strengthen us to get through them--He has a plan for us that will make us happy in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment