March 16, 2012

Post-Pregnancy Milestone

When Thomas was about 4 months old, I was sorting through some old stuff and attempting to organize a closet when I came across several old pairs of jeans.  (Old meaning that I wore them before I got pregnant.)  I was foolish enough to try them on, and I couldn't get them past mid-thigh.  I practically cried.

Fast forward about 4 months.  Jake went on a business trip last week, and he needed a small suitcase for the trip.  Upon finding a suitable suitcase (haha...suitable suitcase), he opened it up and found my secret hiding place where I had stashed the offending jeans.  He graciously dumped the contents of the luggage on the floor and packed for his trip.  I have been staring holes in the jeans for the past week, contemplating the pros and cons of trying on a pair again.

Today I finally got up the courage.  I picked out the largest pair of pre-pregnancy jeans I could find and shimmied them up my legs, past my bottom, and up to my hips.  Cautiously, I tugged the zipper into place and buttoned them up.  I took a look in the mirror, and (for the first time in a while) thought, "I look good!"

3 comments:

Adams said...

No, you look AWESOME! :) Yay for pre-pregnancy jeans!

Ashley said...

LOVE that moment!!! Congratulations!!!

Tieky Torch said...

I hear you Britt. Other people have told me that it takes a full year before they got into any of their old clothes. The trick is hanging on for that long. Who wants to stare at those clothes for that long? and what are you going to wear til then?