Soon, it was time to head out to the temple. Thanks to Courtney's careful planning, mom was able to whip out a curling iron and fix my rapidly frizzing hair into luxurious curls once again and then we were off. It was so peaceful to sit in the temple with Jake before we were married. I felt as if I were glowing. We were sealed by the temple president (my parents' former stake president), and it was beautiful. I was on cloud nine with all of our family and loved ones there with us.
Following the sealing, I had to wait for Jake to get his tuxedo on. I sat in a chair with my poofy princess dress, and couldn't stop smiling as the handsomest man in the world came around the corner and asked me to help him put on his bow tie. We proceeded outside to melt as the photographer took what felt like hundreds of photographs of us in the 100 degree humidity.
Everything was beautiful. Our colors were pink and green and the temple makes the perfect backdrop for gorgeous pictures. I can't wait to get the professional ones back from the photographer!
After the photographs, we headed to the car and went on an adventurous ride to downtown Raleigh where we attempted to find the entrance to the Marriott. There was a booming party right outside the hotel, and the street had been closed off. We finally managed to find it with the help of the hotel receptionist. July 29th was most certainly my all-time favorite day. July 30th--the reception day--is #2 on my list. More to come.
2 comments:
So pretty! I love the beautiful bright fuchsia!! Congrats!
Congratulations! I am sure it was a great day and a beautiful wedding!
Post a Comment