One of the windows in my house somehow came to be open (just a little crack). I'm not sure if my roommate opened it and forgot to close it or what, but it was left open about half an inch for who knows how long.
Today, I noticed a little spider creeping around the plantation shutters, so I grabbed a paper towel and went after him. Upon opening the shutters, I noticed a brown blob at the top of the windowsill. I grabbed a step stool in order to get a closer look. At first, I thought it was a wasp's nest, because there was a similar looking thing outside my apartment last year and it had contained wasps. However, I didn't see anything flying in or out and it looked awfully small. So, I folded up the paper towel I was holding and swallowed down any girly squeamishness. I squished the cylinder.
I quickly backed away, thinking something was going to fly out and sting me, angry that I had destroyed its home. There was nothing but brown nastiness left on the windowsill, so I looked down at what I was holding in my hand. Carefully, I squished the paper towel tighter to make sure that anything in my hand was dead, then I opened it up gingerly. There were around a dozen crushed spiders in my hand. Sick. I quickly deposited them in the trashcan and went about cleaning off the window with copious amounts of clorox.
Now I have this creepy crawly disgusting feeling that little spiders are scurrying all around me. I keep scratching at random parts of my body. I'm thoroughly grossed out. Ewww!
1 comment:
That is so fricking gross. Eewwwww, I'm glad that I was not there. I would have been so grossed out I wouldn't have known where to start.
Post a Comment