January 13, 2010

Sick, sick, sick.

I think it's safe to say that I've been sick all winter long. Better yet, since school started, I've been sick...with occasional 1-2 week breaks of questionable healthiness scattered in there.

I had a cold just before Christmas break, but it "went away" within a week. I noticed some residual congestion a week later, but it had moved from my nose to my throat. I can handle almost anything but a stuffy nose. Stuffy nose = death. So, I dealt with it. However, the congestion moved from my throat to my lungs. For the past 3 weeks, I've had a steadily worsening cough. I have coughing attacks where I can't stop for more than a minute solid.

My throat has been getting raw with all of the coughing and everyone I know has told me to go to the doctor, so I did. I went to the doctor for the first time since high school. I honestly can't remember the last time I went to the doctor, but I think it was a pediatrician. I found a grown-up's doctor here and scheduled an appointment.

The doctor never told me what he thought I had, but I noticed that on the check-out form he gave me, he had circled Bronchitis. Do I have Bronchitis? I have no idea. All I know is that I now have an inhaler. I have to inhale a very fine powder 2 times a day for the next week. I tried my first dose today and I am not impressed. The powder made me cough more. Then, when I thought I was finally getting a coughing break, I had another attack. I think it's safe to say that I am coughing just as much as ever. The best medicine I had tonight was hot chocolate. We'll see what dose 2 brings tomorrow.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

My poor sicky sister! Get better and blog about HAPPY things! :-P